Wednesday, August 03, 2005

This Day Belongs to the Lord

I have four more days of work. Yesterday in my heart was already at Saturday, my last day. The lord has me at this job for four more days for a reason. Today I have been asking God to give me a new heart. Not to just get me through the day, but to make an impact at work. My two co workers and I don't like working there. Thus we are bored, and thus we don't do our work to well, so thus again we are bored. It is a vicious cycle, but I want to get on a gracious cycle.
today is August 3rd, So I read Proverbs 3. In this chapter the Lord showed me three cycles: one of grace, one of strength, and the other of guidance.

Proverbs 3:7 "Do not be wise in your own eyes..." I can't do this on my own so:
I need God's grace to be humble today, so that I can find grace (3:34 "...But gives grace to the humble.").
I need God's strength to fear Him today, so that I can find strength (3:7-8 "...Fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones.").
And I need God's guidance/direction in acknowledging Him, so that I can have guidance/direction (In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.").

All of these things: humility, fear of the Lord, and acknowledging Him in my ways, I have tried to do on my own. But I can't do these things without His grace, strength, and guidance. It is a gracious cycle that only the Lord can get me in. I Praise the Lord this day as I recognize my spiritual poverty. I can't do this on my own, I need his beautiful grace.

3 comments:

Narisilme said...

I love you and miss you!!!!!

Jason Rasmussen said...

We are very dependent on God. As Christians we know we need to be in the Father's hands. How sad it is that non-Christians believe they can do everything on their own without Christ. The future is very unknown, even for us Christians, and how much we do need the Lord to rely on to carry us onward with His guidance.

I am so glad you are back saftely. It is great to keep track of your updates. I miss your blogs Jessica! Post more often.

JayMc said...

It is so nice and refreshing to see young people who have a passion for serving our Lord Jesus Christ. I was born again when I was 12 but didn't start really serving God until I was about 19. I've lived in Salt Lake City for the last 12 years. We need a serious move of God here to reach the Mormons. Please, all of you, pray with me that God will move among the Mormons!