Thursday, February 17, 2005

its just about today :)

So today I have been really tired! During lunch I was kind of sitting and staring. So I went back to my room to sleep but ended up talking to my roomies, it was cool. I had to go to class 30 minutes later, didn't want to go, and ended up falling asleep in class anyway. It was kind of pointless that I went.

I think that this all contributed to this morning. We learned how to develop film in creative Photography. It’s hard. We had to put the film on these metal reels perfectly, but in Pitch-black darkness, and in this tiny bathroom stall-sized room. I seriously felt like Helen Keller. I was so nervous, and there are four rooms, so I wanted to hurry, and that never helps. Then when I was out of that room I had to add chemicals to this canister (which was holding the film) after agitating it for 6 minutes, I couldn't get the top open to pour out the first chemical, meaning I was over developing the film. I was so anxious. It wouldn't open. A few guys in the class tried to open it and they couldn't. I had to finally bang it on the table. There were quite a few that were over developed, but they still kind of turned out, and today WAS the first day so it was a good practice for me.

Lets see how the prints turn out! :)

No comments: