Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Intercession

Cool thing that happened was a few weeks ago during prayer time they told us to get into groups of 3 or 4 and pray for our co-workers. Which was typical of our non-fervent prayer time. during this all the staff came in dressed in black and started tying us up and duck taping us together. At first I, like many saw this as funny. We laughed. Then one student stood up, hands bound and shouted "stop laughing! You guys don't get this! Our brothers and sisters in Christ are really going through this, and all you can do is laugh!" one of the staff leaders shouted "Lets see you pray now!" this student started crying out to God! People started to pray. I got out of the group that I was in and fell on my face and started crying out for the missionaries in foreign countries, the lost, and the persecuted. It was such a good time of intercession. The lord kept showing my countries to pray for, and broke my heart. I praise God because, I have been desiring a greater passion for prayer, and the Lord is working on me.

2 comments:

Mike Morabito said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike Morabito said...

Jessica, this is a really cool story...I am glad to see that you are producing fruit there this summer. Keep praying.

I think sometimes in suffering, God brings people closer to his heart.

Be Blessed,
-Mike