Saturday, June 04, 2005

John Wayne lived here

Its 6:49 am according to the clock over there. I’m listening to the wurring engine sounds mixed with the low droll of the air conditioner in the background, two people walk by and one says, “I mean it’s the terrible twos, we were th…” then a lady on the loud speaker says, “For your safety please closely monitor and control your luggage and packages. Any unattended items are subject to immediate confiscation. Any unattended items should be reported to an airline representative or law enforcement officer immediately. Thank you.” Then a child screams in the background. It is 6:57 am.

I leave in two hours. That is how much sleep I got last night. It is 7:00 am. My stepfather got me here two hours early, he thinks it will take two hours to get though security and check in.

It is 7:01 am, an hour and forty-five minutes left. I might see Julie in thirty minutes she wanted to say goodbye. I will have to go though the security check again. Don’t worry it won’t take two hours to get though. I think I’ll make it in the nick of time with just thirty minutes to an hour to spare. That is when I’ll wipe the sweet from my brow, “Whew! almost didn’t make it!”

3 comments:

Jason Rasmussen said...

The suspense is killing me! Did you make it? This could be the next gripping novel, "Security Check" - can she make her flight in spite of extreme security checks? Then the sequel, "Baggage Claim" - when you arrive, but your bag doesn't...

When you have nothing to do, just watch all the funny people. It's kinda like watching fish in an aquarium. Very amusing.

Oh wait. I thought of something. What if that girl with the terrible twos left her child unattended? Would her child be confiscated immediately, and might she like it?

Jessica said...

HA HA sooo funny! I love you Jason!

Jason Rasmussen said...

I bet you say that to all the guys :P