Monday, June 06, 2005

Sequel: From Sea to Shining Sea --Jason couldn't handle the suspense!

After I saw my sister Julie I went through security and came to the gate just as my row was boarding. It was about 8:35. Oh no! I guess I was wrong! Time to board.

8:45 we rocket shot out of the air. I fell asleep. I slept most of the way.

It is four hours later. We are about to land and we see big puffy clouds upon us. We go through them. ::swoosh! Jolt! Jerk!:: Turbulence. You can hear the children laugh “wee! Whoa!” The plane shakes and drops and catches itself again. It’s the Twilight Zone Plane of Terror. At this point I was sure that AJ wished he were here.

We landed safely in Detroit. I tried to get on the Internet but they wanted me to pay for it. I was mad. I closed my computer and boarded the plane.

When I got on the plane I squeezed into a tiny seat by the window. For the next ten minutes a child screamed “But I want it! I want it!” The plane then revved up its engines as if it were going to take of and went into reverse out of its parking space. They warned us ahead of time. We taxied and took off. Again I slept. I woke up realizing I missed the pretzels and soda. The passenger next to me told me to call a steward. I did and ordered a Pepsi and pretzels. They were interesting.

I landed, “deplaned” (as the stewardess had said), and went to the baggage claim. “Hmm, no crusade people.” “Meow! Meow!” My phone rings. It is Katrina, my bible study leader.

“Were are you?”

“I am at the airport!”

“Has Ben called you?”

“No.”

“Oh! I’ll have him call you”

“Meow! Meow!” My phone rings again.

“Hi Jessica this is Ben, I am so sorry I’ll be there in thirty minutes.”

Thirty minutes later he arrived. We drove to the meeting just in time to catch the ending. I didn’t make it to the intro meeting but made it to Virginia! From one coast to the Other.

And so the adventure begins!

2 comments:

Jason Rasmussen said...

YES, turblance is the coolest. It's funny to watch people freak out while you have a smile on your face. The journey can be just as fun as the destination. It's always great to explore airplain terminals between flights. Thanks for finishing the sequal.

Funniest quote: "I did and ordered a Pepsi and pretzels. They were interesting."

Jessica said...

thanks friend you rock!
love love!
-jes